21 July 2013

That They Might Have Joy

One of my favorite scriptures is from the Book of Mormon. In the Second Book of Nephi, Lehi (the patriarch of the family) is teaching his sons about the creation. He tells them:

"Adam fell that men might be; and men are that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25)

I've been thinking about this scripture a lot this week. Because through all the ups and downs and trials we face, no matter how gloomy the path may get, that's the ultimate goal, isn't it?

Life may not always be fun. We might hit all kinds of snags and detours on our paths, but true Joy, real Happiness, doesn't come from external forces. It's been a bumpy week, full of all kinds of ups and downs for me (some super-amazing, wonderful high points, and a few really-not-so-great lows). And I'm realizing that I get to choose my attitude.

I choose joy.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment