26 November 2015

Happy Thanksgiving! plus a new recipe: Peanut Butter Custard Pie

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (And for my non-US friends who may not celebrate the day: Happy Thursday.) I am so thankful for all of you! Far beyond words. Thank you for your love and support. And just thank you for being you.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. A whole day set aside for spending time with family and friends. And for being grateful for what you already have. ... And, of course, for eating delicious food. 

My favorite part of the feast is the pie. I have fond memories of making pies with my mom when I was a little girl, and how my favorite tradition is making pies with my own kids. Every year, I try to invent a new pie recipe. This year it's a peanut butter custard.


You will need:
1 c. Peanut butter
1/3 c. Agave syrup
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
Chocolate chips
1 9-inch pie crust (or 12-18 mini pie shells*)

Place pie crust in baking dish. Cover bottom of crust with chocolate chips. In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350° for about 40 more minutes, until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serve with whipped cream or drizzled with melted chocolate.

* for mini pies, if you don't have mini pie tins, you can fill muffin tins halfway with aluminum foil, then line the muffin tins with foil to make 12 shallow pie tins



No comments:

Post a Comment