21 April 2014

Book Review: MY NOT SO SUPER SWEET LIFE by Rachel Harris

Woo Hoo!! The third book in Rachel Harris' Super Sweet series is out today! You know I adored MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY, and I totally swooned over Austin in A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES. I feel like I've been waiting forever to read MY NOT SO SUPER SWEET LIFE ... and it's finally here!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Sweet-Life-Entangled-Teen-ebook/dp/B00HTJH9J0/ref=la_B007AHT3LS_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398135184&sr=1-5
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Of course, you all know that I'm a huge fan of Rachel's. Her books are automatic must-haves, as far as I'm concerned. And this one did not disappoint! I absolutely devoured this one within hours (and then immediately passed it along to my daughter, who may just be an even bigger fan than I am)!

The official blurb: 

Cat Crawford just wants to be normal—or at least as normal as a daughter of Hollywood royalty can be. And it looks like fate is granting her wish: she’s got an amazing boyfriend, Lucas; her fabulous cousin, Alessandra, living with her; and her dad planning his second marriage to a great future stepmom. That is, until her prodigal mother reveals on national television that she has something important to tell her daughter…causing a media frenzy.

Lucas Capelli knows his fate is to be with Cat, and he’s worked hard to win her over once and for all. Unfortunately, Lucas has his own issues to deal with, including a scandal that could take him away from the first place he’s truly belonged.

As secrets are revealed, rumors explode, and the world watches, Cat and Lucas discover it’s not fate they have to fight if they want to stay together…this time, it’s their own insecurities.

Well, and the stalkerazzi.



My Thoughts: 

Okay, confession time: Even though contemporary stories are my absolute favorite, and I know Rachel totally rocks the contemporary love stories, I was so in love with the fantasy and time travel elements of the first two books in the series that I was afraid I might feel like something was missing in this third book. A Super Sweet book without Reyna? Say it isn't so!!

Yeah, I totally didn't need to worry. Cat and Lucas may not be traveling through time, but there's plenty of magic  here! I didn't miss Reyna at all ... because (spoiler alert) she's totally a part of this story in the best way.

I loved the dual POV in this book. I'll admit, I wasn't sure about Lucas when he was introduced at the end of the first book. But he kind of grew on me as I got to know him in the second installment of the series. And now, after reading his POV, I'm totally swooning! MY NOT SO SUPER SWEET LIFE is now officially my favorite Rachel Harris book. It was the perfect end to the series.

Though I wouldn't mind another sequel, with the story of my new favorite character ... a guy who who totally took me by surprise and stole my heart with the very first time he smiled! - Hint, hint, Rachel. ;)

Oh!!! And MY NOT SO SUPER SWEET LIFE is on sale right now for only 99 cents!! Go grab your copy now, before the sale is gone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment