15 October 2012

Facing my Fears - This Time I Had Help!

So, we all know that we can't grow unless we stretch ourselves and step outside our comfort zones from time to time. That's why I decided to enter the Pitch Live contest, hosted by Brenda Drake, Erica Chapman and Leigh Ann Kopans! I knew this was going to be extremely scary for me, so when I decided to participate, I immediately announced to all of my friends on twitter that I'd be posting a video, because I knew they'd hold me to it and I wouldn't be able to let fear keep me from trying. Still, I almost didn't do it.

When it came time to actually film the video, all I could think was "I don't look good on camera! I don't want people to see me! What if I mess up? What if???" Encouraged by my friends (and some people I don't even know yet) on twitter, I pulled out the video camera... Then breathed a huge sigh of relief when I realized that the battery was dead. Can't film a video without a camera, after all!

Dear hubby searched for (and quickly found) the charger for the camera while the whole family gathered to help me dream up fun ideas for the video. If we'd had more time to build sets and make costumes, this 2-minute video might have been a seriously elaborate production! In the end, we went with something pretty simple... and with my whole family gathered around off camera, I made my video with very few butterflies fluttering in my tummy.

Lesson learned today: We are on this earth to learn and grow, and we'll never do that unless we face our fears and do things that are HARD to do... But we don't have to do any of it alone! There is always someone to help us through, no matter how difficult the road we travel!!

Thank you, all, for the love and support you give me! I couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment