12 October 2008

The Novel is Coming Along....

I don't know how long a story has to be before it's considered a "novel" rather than a "short story," but mine is coming along pretty quickly. I am having so much fun with this. It's been too long since I wrote simply for the joy and pleasure of writing! I have even found a publishing company that caters to first-time authors that is NOT a vanity press and doesn't charge any kind of "author fees", so I am hoping to submit my book to them when it is finished.

Which brings me to my question: I think that I would like to have a few friends read the finished draft before I try to submit it for publication. I need people who can be brutally honest with me and help me to iron out all of the kinks, because I am bound and determined to see my book accepted for publication! If you think that you can fill this role for me and would like to volunteer, please do so! Thanks so much to all of you for your encouragement and support so far!

1 comment:

  1. I'll volunteer! I also always bounce what I'm reading off of Nathan, so in effect you'll have two readers. I'm excited that you're going after this dream. I promise I will forget that you wrote it and give you my straight critique. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete