18 September 2013

Opportunity for Artists: DAMSEL DISTRESSED Cover Design Contest

I've tweeted about it and posted on Facebook, but in case you missed the excitement, I want to share an exciting opportunity with you. My friend, Kelsey Macke's debut novel, DAMSEL DISTRESSED, needs a cover, and her publisher has decided to run a contest to find the cover artist! The winning artist will be paid and credited as the cover designer, and will have the opportunity to possibly design the album artwork for the accompanying album too!

If you've been thinking about it, trying to decide whether or not to enter, now is the time to take that leap. You only have 5 more days to enter! (Entries must be received by 22 September 2013)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video (and then read the message from the author, Kelsey Macke herself, at the bottom of this post) for all the details!



Hey everyone!

My name is Kelsey Macke and I want to thank you all so much for your amazing support for the DAMSEL DISTRESSED Cover Design Contest!

We have already received some gorgeous entries, and we can't wait for you all to VOTE on your favorites very soon!

But we don't want to miss out on any other creations, so I wanted to reach out and let you know that there are still FIVE days left to create an entry to submit!

As you know, the winner will be paid the design commission, and the 10 semi-finalists will win prizes as well, but I have to be honest. The part of the contest that makes me jump up and down like a crazy person is the fact that one of you will be creating a piece of art that speaks right alongside my own. That collaboration is an incredible and beautiful gift, and I am so grateful to each one of you.

That and the fact that my book needs a face.
Please, help my book find its FACE!

For all the info you need about the contest, how to enter, and even details about the storyline, characters, and design aesthetic, visit www.teamomgen.tumblr.com .
And if you are interested in sharing about the contest over the next five days, I've also got a special giveaway going JUST for you! http://www.damseldistressed.com/news/13887851

All my gratitude and love,
Kelsey Macke
@KelsNotChels

No comments:

Post a Comment