19 March 2015

Anniversary Art Challenge: Picture #10 - The Adventures of Bug Boy

To celebrate our anniversary, my amazing artist husband, Phil, decided that he would do a 19-day art challenge, drawing one new picture every day for 19 days. And I thought it sounded like fun, so I jumped right on the band wagon and declared that I would write a silly, one-page story to go with each picture he creates during this challenge. Of course, I have to wait for him to finish each day's picture before I can write the story, so I should be one day behind him ... but I'm actually more than a few days behind. (Today, I'm once again trying to play catch-up! There will be multiple stories & pictures posted throughout the day, and eventually, all of the pictures & my stories will be posted on my website.)

Day 10 (Bug Boy) was really fun to watch Phil draw. He started by asking our youngest daughter for a shape, and she told him to draw something with a peace symbol. This became a face in a mask, and when our next-to-youngest daughter asked "are you drawing a bug boy?" the character fully came to life.

https://twitter.com/ArtistHubby/status/576236789674823681

George strapped on his power belt and his cape. The evil Exterminator was up to his old tricks again, and it was up to Bug Boy to save the day once more! He slipped his mask on and tiptoed to the door.

"And where do you think you're going, young man?" A stern voice echoed through the hall.

George gulped and turned to see Major Mom standing in the doorway, arms folded and a frown pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Never fear!" he announced in his bravest Bug Boy voice. "I will save the world from The Exterminator's evil schemes!"

"Not without a jacket," the Major said. "It's chilly outside, and you're just getting over a cold."

"Aww, Mom!" George sighed. "Super heroes don't wear jackets. That's why I have a cape."

The major shook her head. "No capes! It could get caught on something. Wear a jacket, or you can choose to play inside."

Bug Boy pulled on his exoskeleton armor and flame-proof gloves. His sources told him The Exterminator had a new, secret lair in the wilds beyond the back yard fence, but Bug Boy wasn't afraid. He would vanquish his foe, restore peace to the planet, and be back home by suppertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment