02 January 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Last January, I declared that 2013 would be the year that:

and

Check, and (almost) Check!

I joined Sub It Club to give myself a feeling of accountability. If I had a whole group of people asking me whether I was submitting my work, I'd be more likely to do it, right?

Absolutely!

And it worked!! In 2013, I accepted an offer of publication for my debut novel (TWELVE STEPS) to Swoon Romance and signed with my literary agent, the fabulous Jessica Sinsheimer, who fell in love with my middle grade novel, LETTERS FROM HEAVEN.

I did say "no" more often in 2013, but I still took on a lot of challenges.

In May, I accepted the challenge from SCBWI MD/DE/WV once again to write a middle grade novel in 72 hours. (I completed the challenge this year. And eventually, I might even get around to revising and editing that manuscript!)

I also continued to post fairly regular book reviews and challenged myself to invent lots of delicious recipes - for the Crock Pot, and for special categories, like Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian diets.

I'll admit, I still had my moments in 2013 where I was juggling so many projects and challenges at once that I thought I might not survive the year with my sanity, but I wouldn't change a thing. I've met some amazing people and made great friends, both in real life and through social media (twitter, facebook, etc.), and especially in the online writing contests that I participated in. (Pitch Madness, The Writer's Voice, and now Pitch Wars, as a mentor)

2013 was full of ups and downs, and I had my share of trials to get through. But overall, the highs overshadowed the lows, and I'm counting the year a total winner!

I'm expecting even more from the coming year. 2014 will bring the publication of my debut novel (25 March 2014), a trip to the RT Convention in May (where I'm sure I'll meet many more new friends), and more!


This year, I resolve to keep trying to learn how to say "no" to the fluff and "yes" to the things that really matter.

I'm determined to spend more time with family and friends, living in the moment and enjoying the blessings I have, rather than constantly worrying about the "what ifs" that might never happen.

As for my writing goals, I have some fun projects I'm working on, and I hope to have more exciting news to announce as the year progresses. :)

Love you all!! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment