11 January 2014

Guest Post: Anna Staniszewski's Favorite Dessert

As you already know, I'm a huge fan of Anna Staniszewski. Can you blame me? Just look at this adorable trailer for her latest middle grade novel, THE DIRT DIARY.


And of course you know that delicious recipes are one of my favorite things. So I'm thrilled to have Anna herself here on my blog today, sharing her favorite dessert recipe with you!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17586491-the-dirt-diary?ac=1
Available on Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Powell's | The Book Depository | Indiebound

It might surprise you that
an author of a book that prominently features baking isn’t much of a baker herself. To be clear, I absolutely love consuming baked goods, but I tend to be a little too impatient to actually make them. Needless to say, I had to do a lot of research (and noshing) when I was writing The Dirt Diary, since I wanted to make sure that the main character’s baking obsession came across in a believable way. It was a yummy time in my life…

I’m happy to report, though, that I do have a couple of recipes under my belt that are always a hit, and I’m going to share one of them with you. I originally saw this recipe in a magazine years ago and have adopted it as my own. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Anna Staniszewski

Take one package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough and cut it in half. Spread half of the dough on the bottom of a baking dish. Put the other half aside.

In a food processor, blend one 8oz package of low-fat cream cheese, one egg, and 3/4 cup of sugar.

Pour the cheese mixture into the baking dish and spread it evenly over the cookie dough.

Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the top begins to brown.

Cool, slice, and devour.


Yum! I can't wait to try it! It's the perfect, super-easy recipe to enjoy while curled up with a good book on a lazy Saturday afternoon. So go grab a copy of THE DIRT DIARY and enjoy some Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with us!





Born in Poland and raised in the United States, Anna Staniszewski grew up loving stories in both Polish and English. When she’s not writing, Anna spends her time teaching, reading, and challenging unicorns to games of hopscotch. She is the author of the My Very UnFairy Tale Life series, published by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky. Look for the first book in Anna’s next tween series, The Dirt Diary, in January 2014, and visit her at www.annastan.com.

Contact Anna Staniszewski:  
Buy THE DIRT DIARY:  

5 comments:

  1. Sounds very yummy! Though I have to just say 'no' to low-fat cream cheese. Cream cheese is just so perfect to begin w/that it should never be messed with! =) I can't wait to read The Dirt Diary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love The Dirt Diary! <3

      And I totally agree with you (usually) on low-fat cream cheese. I prefer the regular, full-fat version for spreading on my bagels, etc. But in recipes (like this one) that are dense and super-rich, I sometimes like the little bit of lightness that the low-fat variety provides. :)

      Delete
  2. Leandra, I usually agree with you on the cream cheese issue. :-) I use it in this recipe because it's not as thick, but I think either kind will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was a pleasure! Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

      Delete